Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 6 in Belize

I really can't believe how fast this week has gone. I wish we had more time...although I do miss my kids. Last night's Hot Dog Dinner / VBS / Puppet Show was a success. We didn't have as many kids as we thought we would - probably about 150. The biggest hit was the family photos. We took pictures of the kids / families and printed them out to take home with them. For some, this was the first picture they had of their kids. We all have a lot of GREAT GOD MOMENTS to share. We met some great kids and families. Many of us on the team have been so touched by these kids who don't have sponsors that we have immediately signed on as their sponsors. Please...if you fee led by God to make a difference in a child's life, please let someone on the team know. While these kids are required to go to school, they are not allowed to graduate unless they have a sponsor or unless their parents can pay for school.

This morning was a busy one. We filled our backpacks with beans and rice, school packs, hygeine items, and toys. We distributed these items in another poor spanish village. I really do think this is one of the things I enjoy most. I just wish we had more to give. Afterward, I went with Kathy to meet her sponsor child, Leslie. She was so excited to receive her bike.

Tonight we are having a campfire night for the teens of the village. We are going to tye die t-shirts and make ssmores in the fire. It should be a fun night.

Tomorrow is a "free day". We are going cave-tubing and zip-lining. Should be fun (smile).

Sheila

No comments: