Sunday, February 17, 2008

Arrival Replay, Plans for Tomorrow

Crossroads Belize Team left minus 3 people Sunday, Fedruary 17th at 4:00 a.m. Rachel Sommer and her parents Lynn and Steven had to make an emergency trip to the Fayette Community ER, keeping them from leaving with the rest of the team. (The whole team expresses their concern for the delayed trio and sends their love.)

Further complications occured when the remaining team arrived at the airport only to be told that their 17 ticket reservations had been cancelled. But the entire team has arrived safe and sound in Belize.

Our plans for tomorrow include pampering the local ladies for the women of the team starting at 10:00 am. The men of the team will be digging a ditch and helping with pipework.

More info will follow...

5 comments:

KT Michelle said...

Hey guys!
We all missed you at church today! Hope everything goes well tomorrow,(well, not just tomorrow, but everyday)! You are going to have such a huge impact on these peoples lives by pouring out God's love on them. You all mean so much to me and are simply amazing people! I will be praying for y'all! Keep shining!
~Katie

Rachel-I feel so bad for you. I was told that you and your parents were still going to go on the trip, just a little bit later. Is that right? Hope so. I will be praying for you. Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

What a special time to be a lady :) I would much rather pamper, than dig ditches (Especially with all the bugs)! We are praying for all of you-including the Sommer family! God has a special plan for each one, and I am really looking forward to hearing how God is going to be working in and through each of you. Love you guys!

Tina said...

Hey Friends
We missed you all Sunday at Church..
I am so glad you all made it there!! I am sorry to hear about Rachel. I am praying for all of you. I know God is going to use each one of you in many different ways. Continue to look up for strenght and out at all the smiling faces that you are blessing for the name of Jesus.. You are all in my hearts.. Have a great time.. I looked forward to your return with all the great stories..

love ya
Tina

Karen West said...

Hey,
We miss you all very much. Glad you trip got better. Heard from Lynn last night and she said Rachel was not in any pain. Praise God!!!! Know you are having fun bringing God's blessings to the people around you. Rock their world with the puppet shows.
Ashley the house seems quit and lonely with out you. Rebecca misses you very much. No news yet from the back stage players. I will let you know as soon as I hear. Look forward to seeing the blog about today.
Love
Mom,
Karen West

KT Michelle said...

Ha ha!
I believe you that it's quiet without Ashley! That would be the case at our house if I was gone! Love you guys and hope everything is going well!
~Katie