Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Speak Gently

We awoke to the distant crow of a rooster in unison with tropical birds. Blue skies greeted our tired bodies.

Today the puppet team is headed to the market. Here they will perform and witness to all who are willing to listen...various ages.

In our devotion time, Becky read from LEAVES OF GOLD...

Speak Gently
Speak gently: It is better far
To rule by love than fear;
Speak gently: Let no harsh words mar
The good we might do here.

Speak gently to the little child
Its love be sure to gain.
Teach it in accents soft and mild
It mat not long remain.

Speak gently to the aged one,
Grieve not the careworn heart;
The sands of life are nearly run,
Let such in peace depart.

Speak gently, kindly to the poor;
Let no harsh tone be heard.
They have enough they must endure
Without an unkind word.

Speak gently to the erring; know
They must have toiled in vain;
Perchance unkindness made them so,
Oh, win them back again.
~David Bates

God use us to SPEAK GENTLY...
to be your hands and feet today.

~Denise

3 comments:

Susan said...

What sweet words and encouragement for the work you are doing. God is so good! I was thinking of this team on Sunday as the preacher taught from John 14:10-14. Will you read it if you have time? My favorite is vs. 12 & 13 "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father." I'm praying for you all as you do "even greater things" because you have the power of the Holy Spirit in you and the Son interceding for you. With love from Georgia, Susan Dell

BLOGS FROM BELIZE said...

Thank you Susan! I will share this word of encouragement with the team. We covet your prayers. I can hardly wait to share this journey with you. Love, Denise

BLOGS FROM BELIZE said...

Thank you Susan! I will share this word of encouragement with the team. We covet your prayers. I can hardly wait to share this journey with you. Love, Denise